The Assistant Director of Composition is a position reserved for graduate students with a strong interest in the field of rhetoric and composition. Their charge is to assist the Director and Associate Director of Composition with mentoring new teachers of E110 and other program activities. The Assistant Director teaches one section of E110 in the fall and one section in the spring. They are appointed for a one-year, non-renewable term by the Director of Composition, in consultation with the Director of Graduate Studies.
While specific duties may change from year to year, they typically include:
- Conduct classroom observations of graduate student TAs in their first year of teaching English 110;
- Lead small-group support sessions for TAs in their first semester of teaching English 110;
- Assist with in-service meetings for composition faculty;
- Assist with programmatic research and assessment activities;
- Help maintain the program webpages;
- Attend meetings of the composition faculty.